This is a maintenance release containing many bugs fixes and small improvements. Most of the efforts in this round have gone towards the various application modules built upon the core database facility.
Go directly to the download page.
HyperGraphDB is a general purpose, free open-source data storage mechanism. Geared toward modern applications with complex and evolving domain models, it is suitable for semantic web, artificial intelligence, social networking or regular object-oriented business applications.
This release contains numerous bug fixes and improvements over the previous 1.2 release. A fairly complete list of changes can be found at the Changes for HyperGraphDB, Release 1.3 wiki page.
HyperGraphDB is a Java based product built on top of the Berkeley DB storage library.
Key Features of HyperGraphDB include:
- Powerful data modeling and knowledge representation.
- Graph-oriented storage.
- N-ary, higher order relationships (edges) between graph nodes.
- Graph traversals and relational-style queries.
- Customizable indexing.
- Customizable storage management.
- Extensible, dynamic DB schema through custom typing.
- Out of the box Java OO database.
- Fully transactional and multi-threaded, MVCC/STM.
- P2P framework for data distribution.
Many thanks to all who supported the project and actively participated in testing and development!